Friday, October 21, 2011

friday, it's what fun is!

Every year my work has a Lagoon day and sells us super cheap tickets we're supposed to use when they have their picnic. Being how I am, I choose to just buy mine and hope to use them on my own time away from people i work with. This brilliant plan failed me last summer since apparently nobody i knew wanted to share a free day of rolley coasters with me. This summer was an equal failure, and i bought FOUR tickets this year so i was almost uber pissed that nobody was willing to share "what fun is" with me.

Lucky me, I happened to be venting to my dad about the situation when he popped out an "i'll go with you pumpkin..." which at first made me feel like the sad kid with no other friends besides daddy, but then i realized it was actually a pretty good idea. Since it's UEA this week  I didn't have my internship at the elementary, it happened to be my dads friday off, along with the wife (ex wife actually, whole other story) and her daughter was also out of school. So we ended up having a little day of family fun. It has been soooooo long since I've had one of those. We zipped through the rides and gave Frightmares a go, although i could have lived without it. I find no joy in anything "scary" and find myself so critical and then a party pooper, so i prefer to avoid it all together. however, two young skeleton boys had the job of entertaining the folks in line. ready for their technique?

"Wanna hear a joke? k... so there's this talking donut, and he's on a pirate ship, k? and he's just chillin, being a talking donut, having a good donut time, Then he decides he wants to steer the ship, so he asks the captain if he could have a turn. The captain says 'no, what are you, stupid? you're a talking donut, you cant steer a ship.leave me alone.' but the donut really wants to try so he asks again. the captain continues to get annoyed and warns the donut that if he continues to bug him then he'll throw him overboard. The donut asks yet again, and gets thrown overboard. hahahaha" 

yep, that was it. then the other skeleton chimed in....

"i apologize, he's never been one with the jokes, i have a better one for you. So, there was a man and a woman, very much in love, and they decided to go for a romantic stroll through the beautiful leaf changing mountains. the man decided this would be the perfect place to propose to his girlfriend. So he bring her by the river, then as he pulls the ring out of his pocket and goes to lean on one knee, he stumbles and falls and the ring goes flying from his hand into the river! They try to find it but decide its a lost cause. A few days later, he takes her out to fancy restaurant instead where food is prepared in front of them. The woman orders the fish. As the chef pulls the fish up on his board and cuts it open, guess what he finds inside?.........i said guess!"

"the ring??"

"a talking donut"

it was so stupid but they made me laugh. i hope it made you giggle just a little. we left after 2 pretty lame haunted adventures, had a really delicious steak dinner at sizzler, and now we're all cuddled up in the living room about to watch Pirates 4. I didnt even know there was a fourth one... So this should be interesting. My dads promising its funny, because the last couple were not entertaining for me. We'll see. So all in all, it was a pretty successful friday night of family fun! just what i needed : )

No comments:

Post a Comment